Christina Julian, MD
Clinical Director of Acute Pain Therapies
Dr. Christina Julian joined Acute Pain Therapies in January 2019 where she practices Interventional Chronic Pain Management and Anesthesiology. Dr. Julian is board certified in both Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine by the American Board of Anesthesiology. She earned her Medical Degree from West Virginia University, where she also completed her Residency in Anesthesiology. After completing residency, she held a faculty position in the WVU Department of Anesthesiology where she managed high acuity intra-operative patients, participated in resident education, and developed her skills in regional anesthesia. Dr. Julian also completed her Interventional Pain Medicine Fellowship at the University of Maryland.
Dr. Julian’s professional areas of interest focus on procedural treatments of chronic pain.
Dr. Julian left WVU to pursue additional training in the field of Interventional Pain Management and completed a Pain Management Fellowship at the University of Maryland in 2016. Dr. Julian moved to Washington State in 2016 with her family and joined a multi-specialty group called NeoSpine where she continued to focus on traditional interventional pain management techniques and broaden her skill set by adding Regenerative Medicine and Spinal Cord Stimulation to her practice. Now she joins Dr. Fisk at Acute Pain Therapies as part of a physician led comprehensive acute and chronic pain management practice.
Dr. Julian provides comprehensive chronic pain management with a multi-modal approach including consultations, medication management and a wide variety of interventional pain procedures using both fluoroscopy and ultrasound techniques. Her areas of professional interest include Spinal Cord Stimulation and Regenerative Medicine including Stem Cell and Platelet Rich Plasma modalities.
For more information about treatments provided by Dr. Julian, visit our contact page.
- ABA Anesthesiology Board Certified: Issued September 22, 2016 and Expires December 31, 2026, Traditional Part 1- July 2015, Part 2- September 2016
- ABA Pain Medicine Board Certified: Issued September 15, 2018 and Expires December 31, 2028
- State Medical Licensure: Washington- Issued July 2016, Expires October 2020, West Virginia- Issued September 2012, Expired June 2016
- Minimizing Risks from Fluoroscopic X-Rays Credentialing Certification, Expires July 2018
- USMLE: Step 1- Pass, Step 2 CK- Pass, Step 2 CS- Pass; Step 3- Pass
- Certifications: BLS, ACLS and ATLS
- CITI Training, Expires August 2018
- Society Memberships: American Medical Association, American Society of Anesthesiologists, ASA-Political Action Committee, American Academy of Pain Medicine, American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians, American Pain Society and American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
- 07/1996 – Université de Grenoble, Stendhal III, France – Diplome d’Etudes en Langue Francaise du Premier Degree
- 06/2000 – The University of Chicago – Bachelor of Arts in Public Policy with Honors and Political Science
- 08/2002 – Fairmont State University/West Virginia University
- 12/2009 – West Virginia University, School of Medicine – Doctor of Medicine
- 11/2014 – West Virginia University School of Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology – Internship & Anesthesiology Residency Training
- 07/2016 – The University of Maryland School of Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology – Pain Medicine Fellowship