Zachary Fisk, MD, MBA
Managing Director of Acute Pain Therapies
Dr. Zach Fisk is a board certified anesthesiologist with subspecialty training in acute pain management as well as diagnostic & therapeutic musculoskeletal ultrasound based treatments. He has owned and operated acute and chronic pain therapies for since its inception in 2016. He has developed protocols to treat psychiatric/psychological illness with ketamine that are truly cutting edge, incorporating a myriad of adjunctive infusions and medications along with ketamine. He works closely with a large number of providers including prominent psychiatrists in the community. The majority of his patients come from referrals from community providers.
At Acute Pain Therapies, Dr. Fisk specializes in perioperative nerve block and catheter placement, regenerative medicine for chronic pain in the region of the major joints (hip, knee, ankle, foot, hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder) using PRP, peripheral nerve cryoablation, and peripheral neuromodulation. He provides ketamine and lidocaine infusions for chronic pain and depression, and now offers FDA approved Esketamine Nasal Spray.
As CEO and president at Acute Pain Therapies, Dr. Fisk is happy to have created one of the most relaxing, beautiful clinics in the pacific northwest. Unlike most pain clinics, acute pain therapies offers a comprehensive approach for pain management, providing a spectrum of acute and chronic pain management options as well as psychiatric treatment modalities.
Born in Santa Monica, CA, Dr. Fisk currently lives in Issaquah, WA with his wife Ani, son Jonah and daughter Gemma. He is an accomplished martial artist with several black belts and currently studies Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. He’s also a classically-trained pianist. His native language is English but he also able to converse in Spanish, French, and to a lesser extent, Japanese.
Education and Postgraduate Training
- 09/2001 – 05/2005 University of Rochester – B.A.
- 05/2005 – 06/2009 Tufts University School of Medicine – M.D.
- 05/2005 – 06/2009 TUSM, Brandeis, and Northeastern – M.B.A
- 07/2009 – 06/2010 University of Michigan Hospital – Internship / CBY
- 07/2010 – 06/2013 University of Michigan Hospital – Residency Anesthesiology
- 07/2013 – 06/2014 University of Pittsburgh – Fellowship in Acute Pain Management
- 2014 American Board of Anesthesiology
- 2013 Certificate in Ultrasound-Guided Regional Anesthesia
- 2014 Certificate of Excellence in Regional Anesthesia and Acute Interventional Pain
- 2016 Certificate of Completion in Training for PRP Preparation and MSC Bone Marrow Extraction
- 2018 ASRA Pain and MSK Ultrasound Certification