Zachary Fisk, MD, MBA
Managing Director of Acute Pain Therapies
Dr. Zachary Fisk’s research, presentations and significant clinical experience managing perioperative opioid use inspired him to specialize in effective non-opiate methods for treating severe pain common to surgical procedures. He has developed techniques while caring for patients suffering from acute surgical and traumatic pain, CRPS, and the psychological pain of depression. Identifying a need for multidisciplinary pain and physical rehabilitation services prompted him to initially open the practice Acute Pain therapies with a focus on perioperative pain control, functional status, and mental well-being.
Dr. Fisk specializes in perioperative nerve block and catheter placement, regenerative medicine for chronic pain in the region of the major joints (hip, knee, ankle, foot, hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder) using PRP, peripheral nerve cryoablation, and peripheral neuromodulation. He provides ketamine and lidocaine infusions for chronic pain and depression, and FDA approved Esketamine Nasal Spray.
At Acute Pain Therapies, Dr. Fisk specializes in perioperative nerve block and catheter placement, regenerative medicine for chronic pain in the region of the major joints (hip, knee, ankle, foot, hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder) using PRP, peripheral nerve cryoablation, and peripheral neuromodulation. He provides ketamine and lidocaine infusions for chronic pain and depression, and now offers FDA approved Esketamine Nasal Spray.
As CEO and president at Acute Pain Therapies, Dr. Fisk is happy to have created one of the most relaxing, beautiful clinics in the pacific northwest. Unlike most pain clinics, acute pain therapies offers a comprehensive approach for pain management, providing a spectrum of acute and chronic pain management options as well as psychiatric treatment modalities..
Born in Santa Monica, CA, Dr. Fisk currently lives in Issaquah, WA with his wife Ani, son Jonah and daughter Gemma. He is an accomplished martial artist with several black belts and currently studies Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. He’s also a classically-trained pianist. His native language is English but he also able to converse in Spanish, French, and to a lesser extent, Japanese.
- 09/2001 – 05/2005 University of Rochester – B.A.
- 05/2005 – 06/2009 Tufts University School of Medicine – M.D.
- 05/2005 – 06/2009 TUSM, Brandeis, and Northeastern – M.B.A
- 07/2009 – 06/2010 University of Michigan Hospital – Internship / CBY
- 07/2010 – 06/2013 University of Michigan Hospital – Residency Anesthesiology
- 07/2013 – 06/2014 University of Pittsburgh – Fellowship in Acute Pain Management
- 2014 American Board of Anesthesiology
- 2013 Certificate in Ultrasound-Guided Regional Anesthesia
- 2014 Certificate of Excellence in Regional Anesthesia and Acute Interventional Pain
- 2016 Certificate of Completion in Training for PRP Preparation and MSC Bone Marrow Extraction
- 2018 ASRA Pain and MSK Ultrasound Certification